Academic year in NUUz continues from September to June (01.09-30.06). Duration of Study: Bachelor’s Degree - 4 academic years; Master‘s Degree - 2 academic years; Doctoral Degree (PhD, DSc) - 3 (4) academic years, depending on the Faculty (field of study).
Our programs are available to study full time at all faculties. Enrolling to the NUUz
is based on the on the interview.
For additional information, please contact to the International Relations Department of the University (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; tel.: +99871 2466358).
As a rule, study in NUUz is conducted in russian and uzbek, so good preliminary language training is required.
The National University of Uzbekistan accepts foreign citizens in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Republic of Uzbekistan ¹.169 dated on August 4, 2008 and Regulations approved by this Resolution.
You will need to submit the following documents to International Relations Department of the University:
- Application form for studying at the NUUz;
- The Questionnaire (established sample) of the foreign citizen;
- Transcripts from previously completed or in-progress degrees. transcripts/mark sheets and certificates of completion/diplomas of any degrees obtained within and outside the Republic of Uzbekistan should be included:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Certificate/Diploma of Secondary Education
- Master’s Degree: Bachelor‘s degree or equivalent
- Doctoral Degree (PhD, DSc): Master‘s Degre
- All degrees (certificates of completion/diplomas with transcripts/mark sheets) obtained outside the Republic of Uzbekistan will be notarized translation into Russian or Uzbek;
- An established type of medical certificate, indicating the absence of medical contraindications for study in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Certificate, indicating the absence of HIV infection, valid on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- A current passport or a passport with a residence permit in the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Six photos of 3.5x4.5 cm size.
- Abstract and officially certified list of publications (for applicants who want to enroll to the Doctoral programs, internships);
- Additionally, the translation of transcripts into Russian must be certified by a notarial office in the Republic of Uzbekistan, or by the Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the applicants’ home country.
- Studying for international students at the National University of Uzbekistan is on fee-contract basis. With the exception of cases stipulated by international, intergovernmental and interdepartmental agreements of the Republic of Uzbekistan, as well as agreements reached by the university with other higher educational institutions of foreign countries.
Based on the interview, we accept:
- Foreign citizens who came to study on the basis of international agreements of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Citizens of the CIS countries;
Getting visa process and registration for living on campus
The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan, upon request of Higher Education Institutions, in agreement with the Ministry of Higher Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, in accordance with the established procedure, ensures the issuance and extension of visas, as well as temporary registration and extension of the temporary residence permit at the place of temporary residence of foreign citizens (according to the available regulations).